Take Action! Contact your legislator to urge them to support HB 1577
Later this week, the Indiana House of representatives will be voting on a comprehensive piece of pro-life legislation that is crucial in continuing to build a pro-life culture in our state.
HB 1577 includes several key pro-life provisions:
- It would require that women seeking abortions be told about life-saving abortion pill reversal procedures. After a woman takes the first dose of the chemical abortion regimen, it is not too late for her to change her mind. Over 2,000 babies have been born to date because of these life saving measures, and every woman deserves to know about it.
- It would require that women be offered a picture of their baby’s ultrasound during their 18-hour counseling session prior to an abortion.
- It would extend conscience protections to counselors and other mental health providers, ensuring they are never forced to refer for abortions against their will.
- It would require that parental notification documents be notarized, to make sure young women aren’t being brought for abortions by abusers or other adults.
- It would enhance annual inspections of abortion facilities, tying clinic licensure to the inspections.
- It would help ensure that Telemedicine is never allowed to be used to provide abortions.
Urge your legislators to continue building a pro-life culture in Indiana.